Recently, non-commutative generalizations of lattices and related structures have seen an upsurge in interest, with new ideas and applications emerging, from quasilattices to skew Heyting algebras. Much of this activity derives in some way from the initiation, thirty years ago, by Jonathan Leech, of a research program into structures based on Pascual Jordan's notion of a non-commutative lattice. The first workshop on non-commutative structures aims to present the breadth of contemporary research in the area, with contributions from international and Slovenian mathematicians. We are delighted that Jonathan Leech has accepted our invitation to deliver the keynote address in this meeting, which will hopefully be the first of many.
Meeting of COST Action QSPACE Working Group 5 (Gender and Outreach) and Roundtable Discussion: "Gender Issues and European Women in Mathematics''
Scientific Committee: Karin Cvetko Vah (chair), Michael Kinyon, Tomaž Pisanski
Organizing Committee: Nino Bašić, Karin Cvetko Vah, João Pita Costa, Tomaž Pisanski (chair), Andrés David Santamaría Galvis
In Cooperation with:
- UP FAMNIT – University of Primorska, Faculty of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Information Technologies
- UP IAM – University of Primorska, Andrej Marušič Institute
- UL FMF – University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics
- IMFM – Institute of Mathematics, Physics and Mechanics
- COST Action MP1405 Quantum Structure of Spacetime (QSPACE)